Thursday, April 25, 2019

Sauerkraut and jalapeño on vegetarian burger

Sandwich consisting of vegetarian patty on multi-grain bread. The sandwich is displayed open, to reveal the toppings of sauerkraut and jalapenos atop the veggie patty. The bread is toasted. Sandwich is arranged on a plain white plate atop a grayish, woodgrain-patterned surface

For years, I restricted myself to eating burgers that are “plain and dry,” so I thought I’d share news of notable progress via the food-chaining route. Here’s a vegetarian burger patty, paired with Dave’s Killer Bread. To it, I added sauerkraut and slices of jalapeño. These added items are cold (a long-standing problem texture for me), but the warmth of the heated vegetable patty and the toasted bread enfold them and reduce their intensity. I trace this progression from being able to select ingredients at a build-your-own sandwich franchise. I would ask that wait-staff heat those toppings along with the bread and the protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment